[Seaside] where to store my own application attributes?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Thu Nov 19 22:10:07 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

There’s not much documentation on the WAConfiguration framework.
I don’t really know about applications really using this infrastructure. Some Seaside extensions (such as Seaside-Gettext) use it.

If you want to use Seaside’s WAConfiguration framework to embed your application-specific settings:
- The class comment in WASystemConfiguration provides useful information.
- Take a look at an example class: WAEmailConfiguration
- When you register an application, here’s what it needs to add the configuration:

	application preferenceAt: #smtpServer put: ’smtp.somewhere.com'.
	application configuration addParent: WAEmailConfiguration instance.

Preference values are cached once looked up in an application. So, that should cover performance concerns with the lookup.

Hope this helps,
Johan