[Seaside] Session expiry and where to set it

Jon Paynter kittle31 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:59:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Robert Kuszinger <kuszinger at giscom.hu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a running Seaside app (in Pharo). I'd like to change the session
>> expiry.
>> Found an example of:
>>
>> application cache expiryPolicy configuration
>>   at: #cacheTimeout
>>   put: (45 * 60 )
>>
>> (I'd like to make it 45 minutes because of long uploads)
>>
>> I have this class as main object.
>>
>> WAComponent subclass: #GcMBFHMain
>> instanceVariableNames: 'sessionId uploadData userInfo validLogin
>> statusMessage ini db mode sessionData'
>> classVariableNames: ''
>> category: 'GiscomKkt'
>>

>> In this image the /seaside (configuration?) application is not present
>> anymore (or switched off, I forgot what I did).
>>
>> QUESTIONS:
>>

>>    - *Where do I know/get my application object being able to send to it
>>    the messages of the upper example in this email?*
>>

> WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'yourApp'
>
> 'yourApp' is whatever is after /   (how you have registered the app).
>
> For example localhost:88/yourApp
>

>>    - Is there a method to set expiry dinamically. For example: when
>>    rendering normal pages I set the timeout to 15 min. When upload start page
>>    is rendered, expiry is set to 45 min and following a successful upload
>>    expiry is set back to 15 min. Uploads are handled by an external app (.Net)
>>    but then the request comes back to the same Seaside session from where it
>>    was started (called out)
>>

> I don't know.

I faced the same problem with page expiry - some pages have a much longer
workflow than the rest of my application -- hours vs 10mins.
so I setup a simple js timer to re-submit the form every so often.

you may be able to achieve the same thing with an ajax request