[Seaside] How to avoid Magritte 3 load Seaside?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 13:24:05 UTC 2017

I cannot find a way to workaround that.

Latest Magritte 3.5.1 ends up using #baseline330:  which calls
#baseline310CommonExtDeps:
That methods does:

project: 'Seaside3'
with: [
"note: we do not want to depend on Zinc, since this is not present in
Squeak. Currently no adapter is loaded"
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
versionString: #'stable';
loads: #('Core' 'Javascript' 'RSS' 'Filesystem' 'Welcome' );
repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'
]

As you can see, it tries to load certain packages from certain Seaside
place. And that is bad. Why? Because for example, "Filesystem" is not
available for GemStone...so that fails...

I tried this:

"First load seasde and lock it"
Metacello new
   baseline: 'Seaside3';
   repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:v3.2.2/repository';
   onConflict: [ :ex :loaded :incoming | ex useIncoming ];
   onUpgrade: [ :ex :loaded :incoming | ex useIncoming ];
   "we need this allow for locked grease from gsdevkit filetree shared"
   onLock: [ :ex :loaded :incoming | ex allow ];
   load: #('Core' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Javascript' 'JQuery' 'JSON' 'FastCGI'
'Email' 'CI');
*   lock.*

Metacello new
    configuration: 'Quuve';
    repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Debris/Quuve/main';
    version: '1.9';
    get;
    *onConflictUseIncoming: #() useLoaded: #('Bootstrap' 'Seaside3');*
*    onLock: [ :ex :loaded :incoming | ex honor ];*
    load: #('Core' 'DPOFX' 'DebrisREST')

And its still trying to load Seaside from the Magritte3 spec...
The only suspect I have is that in magritte it uses ConfigurationOfSeaside3
and shub address while in my code I load BaselineOfSeaside3 from github and
so, maybe, Metacello does not even see that as a conflict and hence all my
efforts are lost.

Thoughts?

--
Mariano