[Seaside] Application level state

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:08:44 UTC 2017

> I forgot to explicitly describe one key requirement: each application should be able to have multiple sessions.
>
> I thought about request filters. However, as they are on session level, I don’t know which application to assign when the session is created. The only time I can think of assigning the application is during registering. Something like:
>
> registerApps
>         | app1 app 2 |
>         app1 := WAAdmin registerAsApplication: BpRootComponent at: ‚/app1'.
>         app1 applicationModel: BpApplicationModel new.
>         app2 := WAAdmin registerAsApplication: BpRootComponent at: ‚/app2'.
>         app2 applicationModel: BpApplicationModel new.

It confuses me because I can't see the use case of that.

Your app1 will have app1session1 to app1sessionN, and they will
all share the same app1 applicationModel. And The same for app2 sessions.

You could use the WAUserConfiguration for that, I only had to dealt
with its implementation when doing some GLORP related stuff. The whole
Configuration features of Seaside seems to be very powerful, but quite
intrincated to me, so I avoid getting into it.

See WAUserConfiguration and WASharedConfiguration, I think this might
lead you to the behavior you want to achieve.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo