[Seaside] Push notification

Cyril Ferlicot D. cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:58:11 UTC 2017

Le 15/09/2017 à 20:23, Bob Nemec a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I'm reading about browser push notification.
> The API looks simple enough, and it may be a good fit for our application.
>
> Has anyone explored this with Seaside?
>
> Web Notifications <https://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/>

Hi,

My company use it but we use pure javascript for now and we did not get
the time to bind it to Seaside.

Here is an example:

'function fallback(){
	/* fallback function to notify the user in case web notif is not
accepted by the user */
}

if(!("Notification" in window)){
	fallback(); // User does not accept notifications
} else if(Notification.permission === "granted"){
	new Notification("Message to show");
} else if(Notification.permission !== "denied"){
	Notification.requestPermission(function(permission){
		if (permission === "granted"){
			new Notification("Message to show");
		}else{
			fallback(); // The user did not accept
		}
	});
} else {
	fallback();
};'

I don't know if this code work for sure but it should be close to
something like this.