[Seaside] Questions about seaside and pharo

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu Jun 14 21:35:21 UTC 2018

One thing on-one has mentioned (and this isn’t a smalltalk specific forum) - there are other smalltalks that I think are multi-threaded (I might be wrong though - so other please jump in). While we love Squeak and Pharo for being open source and bit more champions of pushing in new ways - VW, VA and Gemstone are all very viable alternatives if you have a successful application that is hitting the kinds of limits you might be potentially talking about.

I’ve always felt that if successful, the tech can scale in many different ways, and the pleasure of developing in Smalltalk enables much more interesting solutions that avoids the drudgery of npm and webpack/bower or whatever else is the latest build thing.

Tim