[Seaside] Combine several FileLibraries into a single one

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:50:37 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

The world of Iceberg is only available in Pharo,
and I need it in VisualWorks. :-)

Also, and because the Seaside application is going to be
served directly by the image, it is, without reverse proxy,
I find it very convenient for "everything" to be self-contained
in the image.

Of course I could fallback to traditional static file serving
done by VW's HTTP server (which even supports HTTP 2.0).
But I'm trying to avoid going down that path.

Regards!

On 22/06/2018 17:25, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> Just curious - in a world of iceberg why do we need FileLibeary? Is it not worth investing in more git tools?
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 22 Jun 2018, at 20:10, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Did anybody create an utility that enables the merge the contents of
>> several files in FileLibraries into a few methods into another library?
>>
>> I mean, for deployment in production I don't want to deploy to disk the
>> contents of the files to be served statically, but I want to keep them
>> within the image, but combining them into a single file (or a few) to
>> avoid having multiple network requests, and cache the contents only once.
>>
>> So if I have
>> FileLibraryA>>mylibraryaJs
>> FileLibraryB>>mylibrarybJs
>> FileLibraryC>>mylibrarydJs
>>
>> etc...
>>
>> And I'd like to have:
>> CombinedFileLibrary>>librariesJs
>>
>> CombinedFileLibrary could be a meta-meta library, where #librariesJs has
>> the file description, but the contents is built dinamically somehow.
>>
>> Does it exist, or should I build it? :)
>>
>> --
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

Esteban A. Maringolo