[Seaside] unregistered not called on expired session?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Mar 10 16:40:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have registered my own session class and I want to run some code when the session expires. I overwrote unregistered, writing to the Transcript and calling super unregistered.

When I click on New Session in the toolbar I see it in the transcript. However, when the session expires because there is no activity nothing is written to the transcript.

I set both Maximum Absolute Age and Maximum Relative Age to 10 seconds in the config application. I know the sessions are expired because they are no longer returned when calling WAApplication>>#sessions.

Is this a bug, or do I misunderstand something?

I am using Seaside 3.2.2 on Pharo 6.

Bernhard