[Seaside] Twitter Bootstrap examples working on Seaside 3.1 squeak?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Mar 15 00:16:47 UTC 2018

Thank you. It works!

I chose the

TBSBootstrapExample class >>methodNamed: aSymbol
        ^ self >> aSymbol

form as it strikes me as elegant. (Also, the message is new to me and it makes sense to use what we have)

Thanks again!

---- On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:27:09 -0400 Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote ----

> On 14.03.2018, at 00:58, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting...
>
> The Examples "Work" but only after the debugger is entered and you hit "proceed".
>
> Error is:
>

> MessageNotUnderstood: TBSBadgeExample class>>methodNamed:

Looks like a non-portable message to me.

This should work
either
    TBSBootStrapExample class>>methodNamed: aString
        ^ self compiledMethodAt: aString
or
    TBSBootStrapExample class>>methodNamed: aString
        ^ self >> aString

> Where TBSFoo (in this case TBSBadgeExample) is a subclass of TBSBNootStrapExample
>
> hmm...ok..was able to get rid of the DNS by adding two class methods to TBSBootstrapExample
>

> TBSBootStrapExample>>methodNamed: aString "just a comment in the empty method"
>

> and
>

> TBSBootStrapExample>>sourceCode ^'foo';

Here, make an extension method in CompiledMethod (5.1) or CompiledCode (Trunk)

CompiledMethod>>sourceCode
    ^ self getSource

Best regards
    -Tobias