[Seaside] Complex popup with JQuery

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:13:44 UTC 2018

On sam. 17 mars 2018 at 08:12, jtuchel at objektfabrik.de <
jtuchel at objektfabrik.de> wrote:

> Bruno,
>
> if you do a
>
> (html ajax callback: ()) onComplete:(html jQuery: idOfRootCompForRedraw)
> load html: [html render: rootComponentForRedraw]
>
> (not tested, just from my head)
> this should redraw the complete subtree of rootComponentForRedraw. If
> this component is inside your popup, the popup will be redrawn. So you
> do do both: just redraw individual components or redraw complex
> component trees.
>
> One thind to keep in mind, however, is that you need to be careful when
> using forms in popups. A Form will only submit its own contents, and it
> will redraw the whole page. So forms with submitbuttons etc. are a no-go
> for popups, or you need to work some JS magic around that.

Hi,

In that case you can override the submit function to disable it and manage
the inputs submit with Ajax I think.

I already did that IIRC but I don't have a computer to check the actual
code.

In MaterialDesignLite project I did an extension to easily manage complexe
dialogs easily. When I'll have some time and my computer I'll try to send
what I did.

> HTH
>
> Joachim
>

> Am 16.03.18 um 20:35 schrieb BrunoBB:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to create a complex popup with JQuery. Until now were simple
> JQuery
> > popups like confirmation dialog, information dialog and so on ("one click
> > and close dialog").
> >
> > But now a complex popup is required and the web user will perform various
> > different operation on the popup window requiring information from the
> > server.
> >
> > Is there anyway to tell Seaside to update only the component of the
> JQuery
> > popup ?
> > (using some high level AJAX library for Seaside - maybe this does not
> exist)
> >
> > Or i have to do an AJAX query for each Seaside component of the popup and
> > populate the required changes ?
> > I think the ultimate questions is: can this be done for a whole
> component or
> > i have to handle an AJAX query for each individual component in the
> popup.
> >
> > It will useful to know how other Seaside user implement complex JQuery
> > popups.
> >
> > regards,
> > bruno
> > <http://forum.world.st/file/t111409/popup-01.jpg>