[Seaside] "dynamic message sends"

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Mar 18 02:42:20 UTC 2018

My apologies if this is old-hat, I have been away from Smalltalk for several years...

I would like to translate this:

html tbsAlert
 beSuccess;
 with: [ html strong: 'Well done!'. html text: ' You successfully read this important alert message.' ].

 html tbsAlert
 beInfo;
 with: [ html strong: 'Heads up!'. html text: ' This alert needs your attention, but it''s not super important.' ].

 html tbsAlert
 beWarning;
 with: [ html strong: 'Warning!'. html text: ' Best check yo self, you''re not looking too good.' ].

 html tbsAlert
 beDanger;
 with: [ html strong: 'Oh snap!'. html text: ' Change a few things up and try submitting again.' ].

into something like this:

|tuple|

tuple:= #(beSuccess beInfo beWarning beDanger)

tuple do: [:m
      html tbsAlert
 m;
 with: [ html strong: 'Well done!'. html text: ' You successfully read this important alert message.' ].
]

suggestions appreciated, thx