[Seaside] Ugly construct of spans embedded in a paragraph

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Mar 30 15:10:20 UTC 2018

Thank you. I will explore that route tonight

---- On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:02:13 -0400 emaringolo at gmail.com wrote ---- 2018-03-30 3:37 GMT-03:00 gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com>:

> My problem is this construct:

> I can do it, but it is not elegant:

Well, you're not comparing apples with apples, because the required
html construct is more complex than that.

And it is something like this:
data-disable-hover="false" tabindex="1" title="Fancy word for a
beetle.">popup info</span> continue the paragraph text </p>

Seaside can be very succinct for some cases, and extremely verbose in
others, what you can implement is something like zurbTooltip: aString,
that could  do something like

WAGenericTag>>#zurbTooltip: aString

  self
     beTooltip;
     dataTooltip;
     ariaHasPopup: true;
     dataDisableHover:'false';
     title: aString

 And then in your code you can do something like.

renderExampleOn: html

html paragraph with:[
    html text: 'The '.
    html zurbSpan
       zurbTooltip:'Fancy word for a beetle.';
       with:[html text: 'scarabaeus'].
     html text: 'hung quite clear of any branches, and, if allowed to
fall, would have fallen at our feet']

I don't know whether the options in zurbTooltip: are reasonable
defaults, but if they are then the code will be more compact.

Also I don't know if the tooltip can be applied to <span> tags or to
any tag (as in Bootstrap), I assumed the later otherwise you'd have to
implement zurbTooltip: in the proper subclass of WAGenericTag.

Esteban A. Maringolo