[Seaside] sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Oct 28 05:02:01 UTC 2018

Two days implementing SeasideDoc Builders, Directors, HelpDoclets to try to wrap CustomHelp subclasses... It was coming along, but getting needlessly complicated. "I wonder how the HelpBrowser does it?" I asked myself. That infrastructure has Builders....so I spend hours trying to get a Builder to build my TerseGuilde topic so I could use it... Tests have an APIBuilder cannot use that on a ClassBasedHelpTopic.... poke around some more... Its a one-liner... TerseGuideHelp asHelpTopic or SqueakHelp asHelpTopic All the structure I was trying to build manually already exists in one message send. like I said, "Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself!" p.s. Stuff like this is a big reason "WHY" I am building SeasideDoc. Eventually, I will have the "patterns" that Squeak Subsystems use documented. Current task, first phase, is to simply display the existing help as it is.