[Seaside] Asynchronous update from web server

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:00:21 UTC 2019

On Sat 6 Apr 2019 at 15:56, dtrussardi at tiscali.it <dtrussardi at tiscali.it>
wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> I have a Seaside application.
>
> I do not know the technical terms of my request ( sorry ).
>
> I ask if it is possible to update a web client asynchronously directly
> from the server.
>
> For now i manage the update from the client with the jquery load and
> relative interval: 10 seconds

Hello,

There is multiple way to do that.

The first I know is, like you said, to make the client request the server
from time to time.

The second is to use WebSockets (in Pharo there is an implementation in a
special group of the Zinc project). WebSockets allows bi-directional
communication between client and server.

The third one is Commet project I think but I never used it. I just know it
exists.

The cleaner and most used of the three is WebSockets I think.

.

> But this solution don't respond well at my problematic.
>
> Thanks for considerations,
>
>         Dario

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr