[Seaside] Always getting WARequestContextNotFound while debugging

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Thu Apr 11 04:27:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

Since moving to Seaside 3.x in Squeak 5.x, it seems like I haven't been able to debug as well as I used to.  This has been happening for a while but I just thought I'd ask about it now.  It seems worse lately...?

It seems like after I hit "Debug" on a Seaside Walkback, I go back to my image and enter the debugger.  Then when I try to evaluate / print / inspect various statements maybe three items down the stack, I always end up with something like a WARequestContextNotFound window.

Basically, it seems like I can't interact with anything but the topmost item in a debugger anymore, but I could be totally wrong about that.

I don't suppose this would have anything to do with proxying through Apache or nginx...?

I'm also having trouble clicking on individual stack items in the Seaside Walkback, but that might be unrelated, or related to the proxy.

Here is a sample stack when trying to inspect/print something three items down in the stack after hitting "Debug" on a Seaside Walkback.  I am wondering if something is up with WADynamicVariable in Squeak lately:

WACurrentRequestContext class>>defaultValue
WACurrentRequestContext(WADynamicVariable)>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
Context>>handleSignal:
WACurrentRequestContext(Exception)>>signal
WACurrentRequestContext class(Exception class)>>signal
WACurrentRequestContext class(WADynamicVariable class)>>value
PCardLoggedInComponent(WAObject)>>requestContext
PCardLoggedInComponent(WAObject)>>session
PCardLoggedInComponent>>DoItIn:
Compiler>>evaluateCue:ifFail:
Compiler>>evaluateCue:ifFail:logged:
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:environment:notifying:ifFail:logged:
[] in SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>printIt
SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>printIt:
SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>dispatchOnKeyboardEvent:
SmalltalkEditor(TextEditor)>>keyStroke:

Thanks,
Tim J