[Seaside] [vwnc] Managing Large File Uploads in Seaside

Esteban Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:28:06 UTC 2019

I found that SiouX is effectively uploading the contents to an attachment
file directory.

Maybe there is a way to avoid instantiating a WAFile and use a
WAExternalFile poiting to the file on disk, or simply using my custom
SeasideResponder subclass.

This won't save VW from reading the whole file into memory before saving it
to disk (or will it?) but it certainly will only keep the reference during
the request/response of SiouX, which will be garbage collected faster than
anything on a Seaside Component.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo