[Seaside] Front-End developer coordination

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Fri May 24 19:59:41 UTC 2019

Hi Bruno,

Like Tim said it “should” be a dream, but in my experience it more often is not :)

Since most dev roles have become sooooo specific, it’s hard to find a CSS developer with an interest in learning another programming language that they can’t perceive as a benefit their career as a “front-end” developer.

In the end I found that creating a static versions of all my main components to hand over to the “front-end” developer got results the fastest.

It allowed them to understand the page structure, as well as the “file” structure without lots of hand-holding.

To keep it maintainable I created a small “dummy” site that exposed a version of each component and then created the static site with wget.

The developer could then use their chosen SASS tools to create CSS that I could load directly into the WAFileMetadataLibrary and it all worked as expected.

Still, there nothing better than a front end developer who wants to learn RenoitSt and improve their whole-life-experience :)

Cheers,