[Seaside] About error handling

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:09:39 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> > On 25 Nov 2019, at 16:50, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:39 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have my own WAHtmlHaltAndErrorHandler subclass that overrides
> #handleDefault: to log the error in various ways as well as email it. I
> also include some custom session information for context.
> >
> > However, I would also like to print all details of the original HTTP
> request (WARequest) to better map it to upstream requests, but I can't find
> how to access that. Any ideas ?
> >

> > Hi Sven,
> >
> > I think I did not understand your question...but...just in case, can't
> you do a "WACurrentRequestContext value" inside the #ha ndleDefault: and
> get the WARequest? Then you can print whatever you want...
>
> Ah yes, now that you told me it is obvious. Thx.

My pleasure :)

BTW, in the VA Smalltalk version of Seaside, in response to a customer
need, I adapted our Seaside adaptor to store the native request (SST in our
case, Zinc in yours) in the request context. That way, it was very easy to
add logging and be able to map from Seaside requests to native requests.
Looks like long ago it was like that:
https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/305  but not any longer.

What I did was something like this:

!WASstRequestConverter publicMethods !

contextFor: aNativeRequest
                "Answer a request context for aNativeRequest."

                ^(super contextFor: aNativeRequest)
                              propertyAt: #nativeRequest put:
aNativeRequest;
                              yourself! !

Let me know if you want more details and I can share everything you want.

Best,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Email: marianopeck at gmail.com