[Seaside] Session reaping

Esteban Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:27:00 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I noticed that in recent versions of Seaside there was a change (to my
knowledge) in the way Sessions and other objects in a WACache are
reaped.

I have a model where each Seaside session (my own subclass of
WASession, GwSession) has a "system" object that has its own
GlorpSession. So in the #unregistered I log out from the database,
freeing the connection.

So my question is: how is the cache reaping invoked?
I noticed there is a #sweepIncrementally method that seems to be
called before each access to the cache (this is new to me). Is there
something else to it? Should I check somewhere else?

For some reason, my unregister event is not freeing up the
connections, even though the sessions expired both in absolute and
relative age. I also need a pooled database accessor, but that's a
different story :-).

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo