[Seaside] Seaside 3.4.2 & help wanted!

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Thu Jul 9 18:54:37 UTC 2020

Hi Seasiders,

A new release of Seaside is ready for you: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/releases <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/releases>

Some important bugs have been fixed. Especially, if you are running Seaside on Gemstone, and are using a version newer than 3.3.0, I recommend you upgrade to 3.4.2 as soon as possible (see list of bugfixes in the release page). Thanks to everyone who was involved in reporting or fixing the bugs!

We also stepped up our tests by adding a bunch of automated tests for the functional testsuite that we needed to test manually before. So this is going to help a lot to prevent the bugs we fixed in this release.
Mind that the Travis-CI builds are failing since yesterday due to an issue caused by Travis-CI itself. We hope this gets back to normal soon.

Finally but importantly: we need help maintaining and improving Seaside!

If you are using Grease and/or Seaside on Squeak: we need people to maintain the Squeak compatibility actively. Please think about joining us to keep Seaside rolling on Squeak in the future. For me, it’s beginning to become too much work to actively maintain the compatibility on every release.
If you are using Seaside in general: please let us know if you are able and willing to contribute to the project.
If you want to help to make a new website for Seaside, using Seaside… please let us know!

We only ask to follow some basic contribution guidelines that can be found here: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>

Thanks to all who is contributing now and before: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/graphs/contributors <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/graphs/contributors> + https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease/graphs/contributors <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease/graphs/contributors>

cheers!
Johan