[Seaside] Howto Image (picture) instance variable of the class

Oswall Verny Arguedas C. sistecaq at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:11:17 UTC 2021

Hi Karsten
""
the biggest challenge in serving pictures via FileLibrary is how to map a
URL <-> Picture. In HTTP all you have is a URL and you need to find a way
to create this URL and then also to resolve your pictures based on a given
URL. So if you use a FileLibrary or a similar RequestHandler, you need a
way to find your Product object and then find its picture based on a given
URL. If this is simple enough in your implementation, go for it. i.e. if
your Products all have an ID and your are stored in a database there’s no
problem in resolving URLs like /pictures?product=1234&picture=1.
""
This first part that you tell me I think is similar to what Esteban says.
I have not implemented it. I am reviewing the documentation.

""
An alternative is to register a URL during rendering (in that case Seaside
takes care of creating and resolving the URLs):
html image document: aProduct picture1 data
The benefit is that you don’t need to think about creating a URL and
resolving it. The downside is that your images have URLs with random keys
in it and they’re only valid as long as your session is alive.
""
Register url while rendering?.
There is some documentation about it.
Thanks