[Seaside] jQuery dialog question

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue May 25 02:14:25 UTC 2021

For your imageButton code you can add a #bePush to ensure the "submit"
behavior is ignored.

If its not part of a form would it refresh the page if it is "submitting" ?
I'm not sure.

When you click it what network events are logged in the browser?

Louis LaBrunda wrote
> Hi Jupiter,
>
> Jupiter Jones <

> jupiter.jones@

> > posted this:
>
> I may be wrong, but isn’t an imageButton a kind of submitButton - setting
> the url: would follow that link.
>
> So clicking the button would open the dialog, then replace the page with
> "theSession helpUrl"
>
> I’m not in a position to test this at the moment, but remove the url:
> setting on the image button and see what happens.
>
> Forgive me for replying to your reply this way but for some reason I
> couldn't reply in the normal way.
>
> Yes an imageButton a kind of submitButton but it doesn't work the way you
> describe.  The url gets the image and it is
> displayed as a kind of icon button.  That all works just fine and looks
> good.  The problem happens when the button is
> clicked, the dialog is displayed with the message and then closes (by
> itself?) after a second or two.
>
> I an trying to replace code that used the alert() function that worked but
> didn't look that good and always placed the
> alert box at the top of the screen.  That is the way alert() works and it
> can't be changed.  So, I'm trying to use
> something (anything) from jQuery or whatever that will put the box in the
> middle of the screen.  If it also looks a
> little better, that is a plus.
>
> I also, have some Ajax going on that updates the time on the screen.  I
> don't know if that has anything to do with this
> problem and I don't know why it should but I thought I would mentions it.
>
> Lou
>

> On Sun, 23 May 2021 17:22:14 -0400, Louis LaBrunda <

> Lou@

> > wrote:
>
>>Hi Everyone,
>>
>>I'm trying to use the jQuery dialog as a replacement for the JavaScript
alert() function.  I'm using VA Smalltalk
>>v9.2.2.  The code below opens the dialog when the image button is clicked
but closes soon thereafter.  Does anyone have

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html