[Setools] [OB] Access to browser in node instances?

David Röthlisberger squeak at c3com.ch
Mon Dec 4 10:49:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm creating a browser which gets the entities passed for which I'm
building the nodes afterwards. There is no static point to access these
entities, they are dependent on a specific instance of the browser and
may change during the lifetime of this browser.
I can now pass these entities from the browser to the environment node
to the class category node to the class node, and so on. But if the
entities change in the browser instance I cannot access these changes in
the node classes.
I would like to be able to get the entities in the nodes directly from
the browser instance or, another possibility, from the root node (ie.
environment node) of the browser.
For that I would need either a reference to the browser instance or to
its root instance in every node.
Are there good reasons why such a reference does not exist, or can my
problem be solved with a much better approach?

Any hints are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kind regards,
David