[Setools] [OB] Access to browser in node instances?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Dec 6 08:17:36 UTC 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:19 AM, David Röthlisberger wrote:

> yes, I agree.
> But how to create nodes for domain objects that do not know
> themselves what their successors are and that are not statically
> accessible for a given browser, but only dependent on a specific
> instance of a browser?

Aye, there's the rub. This is exactly the problem I had with the
Package Browser a couple of years ago.

Each node having a reference to the feature is a possible way to go
about it - that's how my package browser worked. You could subclass
the node classes and override the navigation methods, or just fork
the package and modify the node's behavior directly.

Another option, in your case, is to use custom filters - subclassing
OBFilter or OBModalFilter (or both) - to filter out the program
elements that don't belong to the feature. It would be better to
compose the filters, but we don't have support for that; probably a
good feature to have.

Colin