[Setools] Latest news on the Q2 issue tracker

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Jul 4 07:30:56 UTC 2006

Hi folks!

Ok, I now started my vacation - but the first week I am alone with Maya
:) so I am not spending much time in front of my laptop (so if you want
my attention - use private email). Next week though I will have lots of
time at evenings because I will be alone home. :)

Anyway, some quick good news:

- Customer has decided to go open source! The exact license is not yet
officially decided, but I have recommended MIT and I am pretty sure it
will be MIT.

- I managed to submit a demonstration for OOPSLA. Will see later in july
(24th IIRC) if it got accepted. :)

Sooo.... we don't have a license yet - which is annoying because I am
unsure if/how I can publish the code before getting that nailed. I will
check that a bit more. I might at least be able to share the code with
the selected few that have reported (or will) an interest so far though.

Anyway, the above also means I need to get cracking ASAP on setting up a
website for the project and getting a better name than Q2! So all of you
interested in participating in this:

1. Please help us get a cool name. :)

2. If you want to help with setting up/maintaining the website, report
to me. I have a server etc and I am thinking of just setting up a Swiki
+ a mailinglist + a code repo as a first step. Or using Squeaksource.com
for the code.

3. If you are interested in helping out with development, also report to
me - it would help me if I have a list of names and short backgrounds
when talking with the customer and Toolkit about putting in time for
setting up the site etc.

And btw - you can also post to this list - no need to send me emails
privately, I will scan this list at least. :)

regards, Göran