[Setools] Q2 got accepted as a Demonstration at OOPSLA

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Jul 25 08:55:00 UTC 2006

Hi folks!

Ok, got an email today saying my Demonstration of the Q2 issue tracker
got accepted to OOPSLA! Fun! So if you are going to OOPSLA, see you
there!

And on another note - I have a few name proposals for the project:

1. Yeti  - YET another Issue tracker (or YEt another Tracker for
Issues). It is a short catchy name, there doesn't seem to be many other
OSS projects having the name and ideas for a logo should be easy. :)

2. Seshat (or Sashet) - An Egyptian Goddess. The goddess of libraries
and record keeping, it means "female scribe". So it is really fitting
but the name itself is hard to say and not as catchy as Yeti.

Well, I probably have a lot more ideas for a name, but currently I am
leaning strongly towards Yeti. What do you say? A cool and catchy name
is quite important, funny enough.

regards, Göran

PS. I am still on vacation, will start working next week. Then I will
start to open up the project on a public site. Even though the customer
has decided to go open source, the license is not yet set - so I have to
get that decided first, but it should be quick (MIT most probably).

PPS. If you guys have any questions about the system, feel free to post.
Otherwise there will be much more info coming up next week  (design
documents etc)., and if I get the time - a downloadable demo.