[Setools] Gjallar status

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Oct 4 09:33:41 UTC 2006

Hi!

A few things going on with Gjallar right now:

- I am working on filters, my view and View cases. These are all
connected. Currently View cases is slow and there is a ton of things we
can do to make it fast - like for example get Magma queries working (!)
and not materialize all hits from Swish-e before we calculate the
intersection - instead we should use the UUIDs that Swish-e gives us and
fold that into the Magma query.

- Magnus has been adding direct links (permalinks) for cases including
"login first, then get to the right place" mechanism. Unfortunately we
probably need to start fiddling with cookies unless we want to login
each and every time, but later. Magnus has possibly isolated the "Magma
processes gone hogwild issue" and we intend to dump a fat zip on Chris
for postmortem analysis.

- Balázs tried building a new image using the gjallar.st script and it
didn't work out. This is due to the script tryijng to use the latest
Scriptaculous from Lukas, which needed a newer Seaside. I sat up last
night trying to back merge us forward to the latest Seaside - and almost
made it. It is in the repo but still has at least one known caching
issue with the Process overview gifs. If you decide to play with the
2.7a1 of Seaside with the latest Scriptaculous - you need the Q2v0.3-194
too.

Ok, over and out.

regards, Göran