[Setools] Re: Gjallar Error

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Sep 11 19:22:43 UTC 2006

Hi Herbert and all!

=?ISO-8859-15?B?SGVyYmVydCBL9m5pZw==?= <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Göran,
>
> sorry for the private mail, but this is too big for the list.

I think you posted to the list too. :)

> When going through the screenshots (swiki page 8) I got an error when
> I wanted to create the case in the developer process. See
> pointOfError.htm
>
> What I did was: Enter a source like in screenshot009.1.png, click on
> processes, view the development process, use the back button of the
> browser, reenter the source and click on create case. FullStack.htm is
> what I got.

Yeah... I haven't had time to "back button"-proof it yet. The error you
see is a "standard" Seaside error that you get if you for example don't
keep your #children methods in order. It might be such a bug, or it is
simply because we don't do the state management correctly (as in the
"Seaside way") in order to deal with the back button.

> Then I tried debug, but didn't manage to find something useful in the
> squeak debugger. So I selected continue, the browser went back to the
> create case page and this time I could create the case.

Yes, then I would say this is lacking state management. Eventually I
should of course look into that. :)

> I used Version 0.2 and updated to Q2v0.2-gk.181.mcz. and an up to date
> Firefox.
>
> Yesterday I played with viewing creating and moving cases. There I had
> copied the Gjallar directory to a slower computer and had the browser
> on my laptop. There I also did the update. Then I copied everything
> back to the laptop.

Should work just fine moving the tree.

> I started with the sample data I get with Q2Model>>recreateDatabase
> and iirc I issued Q2Scheduler>>stop.
>
> I also attach the gjallar log.

Yeah, don't need to look at it for this error though. :)

> I have only sporadic internet access right now.
>
> Great concept!

Thanks!

And *thank you* for playing and reporting this.

regards, Göran