[Setools] gjallar graphic UI to create a process

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Sep 26 22:15:43 UTC 2006

Hi Herbert!

=?ISO-8859-15?B?SGVyYmVydCBL9m5pZw==?= <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have put a preview of the Morphic UI to create Gjallar processes on:
> http://swiki.krampe.se/gjallar/45
>
> The UI is functional but it does not yet connect to Gjallar.
> There's a Documentation class which only has a class comment to get
> you started.
>
> It needs beautification but work jumped on me so I did not get as far
> as I wanted.
>
> Please comment!

First of all - cool! It is great that you guys are getting into this and
producing code. And especially Morphic stuff which I probably will stay
clear of, so that gamefield is yours to play with! :)

I opened it up, glanced at the source and played with it. The UI "feel"
didn't work very well with my reflexes - I kept trying to drag the
stages using normal left mouse button for example. But don't let me
influence you - others may feel differently.

A few small comments - if you wish to merge your stuff into the "trunk"
of Gjallar (if you on the other hand wish for this code to live on as an
addon, then feel free to ignore my wishes of course! ;) ):

1. I would like for all classes in Gjallar to retain the Q2 prefix to
avoid any confusion/collisions and also to make it easy to recognize
Gjallar classes. We could later make a global change of that prefix at
any time - the Q2 letters is an internal name from the customer.

2. You and Balázs both have Morphic tools but two different class
categories. Either we put them in the same category or we distinguish
them better IMHO. No biggie.

3. Put the Documentation class comment in one of the classes itself
(like CreateProcessBigUI) instead. Otherwise we will end up with tons of
these "documentation" classes! :) There is only one such "non class" in
Gjallar and that is Q2Gjallar which holds the license as the class
comment and class side high level developer doits only.

I will wait with merging until the above three things are fixed - if it
that is ok with you of course. :)

And if you have questions, as always: stop by on IRC or just email me.

regards, Göran