[Setools] [Gjallar] Beach 2007

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri May 11 13:49:00 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

Ok, as some of you probably noticed I posted about people getting paid to
work on Gjallar for about 6-8 weeks - the "Beach 2007" project :)

I got a lot of responses and now the team is in place and work is leaping
forwards - it is great fun!

Public progress will of course be visible on www.gjallar.se - for example
under the News section there. We just set up a Gjallar instance for our
own issues/tasks/bugs for developing Gjallar. Nice!

Currently Balazs and Levente are working on the transaction model and
setting up tests to make sure they are true incremental updates - so that
we can rebuild a db from scratch fully from the txns. This is a
fundamental property to support offline work of course.

Igor is working on some administration UIs, to get a grip on
Q2Form/Q2Field (Gjallar's Mewa/Maggritte-counterpart), Seaside and its
friends. He has also managed to squash a bunch of bugs as a warmup.

Keith is looking into upgrading to latest Seaside/Scriptaculous and then
he will grab the big task of constructing Seaside UIs for creating issue
Processes in Gjallar - including the workflow graphs and so on. That is a
big task and will probably take some help.

Ralph is getting up to speed with some bug fixing.

And I have moved all our tasks/issues into Gjallar - about 70 of them -
and have been supporting the other guys. First thing monday I will focus
on Filters.

So... well, that is our quick status report - I think tons of progress is
to be expected the next 6 weeks!

over and out, Göran

PS. If anyone got itching to help us out (for free though! :)) we are on
#squeak and #gjallar on IRC and we can hand out accounts to
http://bugs.gjallar.se - our Gjallar instance for Gjallar issues. No point
in going there if you don't have an account though.