[Smalltalk-vn] Re: Smalltalk-vn Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at doesnotunderstand.org
Tue Nov 11 03:34:28 UTC 2008

2008/11/10  <NNGVINH at ctu.edu.vn>:
> Dear Prof. Serge Stinckwich,

Hi Vinh,

> My name is Nguyen Nhi Gia Vinh, I am working as computer science lecturer in
> College of Sciences in Can Tho university. I have a chance to know you from
> Prof. Christophe Lepage (CIRAD) and I am is one of person in your mailing
> list. Now I am working with Prof. Christophe Le page on the project:
> "Simulation the process of making decisions in Crops of farmers in BacLieu
> province in Viet Nam". In my group, we use CORMAS platform to catch the real
> word of farmers into the model in computer so that we can see how farmers
> can make their decisions in choosing the crops in future time.
>
> As you know, the CORMAS platform use smalltalk programming language and this
> language is hard to study because of Object Oriented trend (OO). I like this
> language too much because when I use CORMAS, I can simulate the real word
> and get the results to forecast, now I learned smalltalk by myself but I can
> not understand deeply the world in smalltalk and this reason made me so
> difficult to program fluently.

If you have some difficulties with Smalltalk, you can read the book :
"Squeak by example" in english here :
http://www.squeakbyexample.org/ or in french here :
http://www.squeakbyexample.org/fr/

I could also made a Smalltalk course in Can Tho University if there is
some people interested.

> I got master degree in computer science from AIT (Asian Institute of
> Technology) in ThaiLand, now I want to do my PHD in smalltalk in France. At
> the end of this year, I intend to apply scholarship from the MOET (Ministry
> of Education and Training) in Viet Nam. If you have any idea, please help
> me.

If you want to find a phd, register and send a message to the french
Smalltalk mailing list here :

Best regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
IRD - UR 079 Geodes, MSI Team, Hanoi, Vietnam