[Smalltalk-vn] Growing the Smalltalk-vn community

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 05:09:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

we are now 13 people registered on the Smalltalk-vn mailing-list.

What have been done in the previous months since the creation of the
mailing-list in June 2008:
- June 2008: Creation of the Smalltalk-vn mailing list
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/smalltalk-vn
- Jan 2009: Smalltalk flyer in vietnamese, thanks to Nguyen Hong Son :
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Smalltalk/flyers
- April 2009: Presentation of Smalltalk at BarCamp Hanoi 2009:
http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/smalltalk-bar-camp-hanoi-2009
- September 2009: Presentation of EToys in Ha Noi:
http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/an-instrument-whose-music-is-ideas-2036947
- May 2010: Talk at IFI/Ha Noi about Pharo Smalltalk:
http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/pharo-an-innovative-and-opensource-smalltalk
- June 2010: OLPC Vietnam dev meeting http://olpc.vn/
- July 2010: Magic-Words project with a group of vietnamese students
http://code.google.com/p/magic-words/

I put everything on this web page:
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Smalltalk_in_Vietnam
You could add your name in the list if you want (just ask me for
login/password).

This is quite a small community at the moment and i'm looking for more
ideas to have more people joining us.
Maybe we could organize a Smalltalk meeting every week or every two
weeks: just to talk, do some peer programming and do some nice
demonstrations.
I'm also happy to do a talk in your company/institution if there
enough people interested.

BTW, do'nt shy to talk here and express your opinons. You can even
speak in Vietnamese if you prefer ;^-)
Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich