[Smalltalk-vn] Scratch Day !!!

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 04:29:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

May 21st 2011 is Scratch Day worldwide: http://day.scratch.mit.edu/
If you don't know what is scratch, this is very nice very visual
language in order to do animation and control also embedded systems.
More information here: http://scratch.mit.edu/

Scratch is open-source and written in Squeak Smalltalk. A version of
Scratch is available on XO OLPC.

Maybe we could try to organize something in Ha Noi ?
Several alternatives are possible for a Scratch Day:
- invite educators to discover Scratch
- presentation of local scratch projects
- informal gathering of Scratchers.

Any Scratchers (or wanabee scratchers) in Ha Noi ? Viet Nam ?

We some friends, we are working on porting Scratch to a more modern
version of Squeak, called Pharo (because we don't like green
interfaces and we want to open Scratch to code contributions from
people who are working on using Scratch with external devices like
arduino).
We already have some portion of the software working.
So i'm willing to do wild Scratch coding sessions :-)

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk