[SoC] Thanks for your partecipation!

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sun Apr 15 18:41:03 UTC 2007

Hi!

First of all, I apologize for the lateness of this message.

As the admin of Squeak's Summer of Code group, I'd like to thank you for
having looked at Squeak for a SoC project. We're sorry that we couldn't
accept your application. The reasons why we couldn't accept all the
applications we've received are many: if you want to know why your
application(s) weren't accepted, feel free to send us a message to
soc at lists.squeakfoundation.org . We're also available for advices and
remarks in order to help you submit a better application for next year's
Summer of Code.

If you're still interested in working on a Squeak project during the
summer, you may want to consider applying to the SummerTalk program.
This is a program, similar to the Google Summer of Code, sponsored by
ESUG, the European Smalltalk User Group. You may find more information
on this at http://www.esug.org/promotionactions/summertalk2007/ . Don't
worry about the April 10th deadline - it has been postponed.

And don't forget that we would be happy anyway to have you in our
community, even out of the SoC or SummerTalk programs. You can reach us
via the website http://www.squeak.org , via the various Squeak mailing
lists and via the #squeak IRC channel on freenode.org .

Again, we Squeakers would like to thank you for your partecipation!

	Ciao,

		Giovanni