[SoC] Student applications begin March 14th

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Mon Mar 12 22:46:02 UTC 2007

Hi all,

this is just a reminder that the Summer of Code student applications
begin on March 14th.

You should start thinking about your application and prepare a draft, so
that you can submit it as soon as possible. Of course, I assume that
Squeak's application as a mentoring organization will be accepted.

We don't have a template, but if you want to propose one, feel free to
do so. A couple of you have already taken part in the 2006 edition of
SoC, so if you want to provide any hints, please do ;-).

Some useful info on your application may be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforStudents
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60305&topic=10727
http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60306&topic=10727

Questions/thoughts?