[SoC] Mentor Organization Obligations

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Thu Mar 15 08:58:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

Quoting from the partecipant agreement:
2. MENTOR ORGANIZATION OBLIGATIONS
The Mentor Organization must provide the following:
(a)	A pool of project ideas for students to choose from, publicly
published by the Mentor Organization;
(b)	Someone available to review student "blue-sky" proposals should the
student not find something that appeals in the organization's published
ideas;
(c)	Someone available to review the incoming student applications
targeted to the organization and to decide which applications should be
accepted, meaning development begins on the accepted student proposals;
(d)	A person or persons to monitor the progress of the students and
mentor them as the project proceeds;
(e)	A mentor ready to take over for the assigned mentor(s) in the event
they are unable to continue providing guidance to the accepted student
applicant, e.g. go on vacation, etc.;
(f)	An administrator to represent the Mentor Organization and perform
administrative tasks such as submitting their Mentor Organization's
application,
creating the Mentor Organization's account on the Google Summer of Code
site, and signing up mentors and publishing their pool of project ideas;
and
(f)	A written evaluation of each student developer, including how they
worked with the group, if they should be invited back should we do
another Google Summer of Code, etc.