[SoC] SOC: New IDEs

Juraj Kubelka KubelkJ at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Mar 19 11:30:58 UTC 2007

Hello,

here is my draft what I want to have in IDE (System Browser):

Unstructured notes:
  - list of variables (below list of methods)
  - highlight methods which use selected variables
    + highlight variables which are used in selected methods
  - want to see inherited methods (variables) and from whom
  - move methods (variables) from/to class side
  - creation of getters, setters, and other methods from menu
    + possible to define general template (useful for Magritte...)
  - automatic category assignment for methods
    + want to see method's category
  - method rename: dialog with list of possible renames (user can
accept all or just subset)
  - mark abstract classes.
    + list of methods user have to implement
  - mark GUI applications
    + double click on such class in browser opens GUI application
    + double click on "GUI method" opens GUI painter (e.g. Easy
Morphic GUI)
  - tabs like in Firefox, so user can have more browsers in one window
  - changed categories/classes/methods against last revision
(integration with Monticello)
  - refactoring, completing, colored source code

So I think it is possible to define:
1. general rule how to say what methods are necessary to implement
(from abstract class, traits, required by Magritte, ...).

2. general rule for attributes like: it is abstract class, it is GUI
application, it is changed against last revision, ...
    - and define actions on double click, special context menu items,
icon or color of (class, method) name

What do you think? Thanks for your feedback.

Jura

PS: I cannot find dualBrowser. Can you help me? Thank you.

Something about me:

I am student at CTU in Prague [1]. I research object oriented
methodologies. ... I don't know what to say... I haven't much
experiences in Smalltalk/Squeak but I think I am able to learn it. I
know something about object oriented programming and I have been
playing with Smalltalk at least since ESUG in Prague (September
2006). Something else???

[1] http://www.feld.cvut.cz/en/