[SoC] Who chooses students and projects?

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Mar 20 17:26:48 UTC 2007

Le 20 mars 07 à 18:20, Giovanni Corriga a écrit :

> Il giorno mar, 20/03/2007 alle 18.09 +0100, Damien Cassou ha scritto:
>> 2007/3/20, Giovanni Corriga <giovanni at corriga.net>:
>>> A student may apply for up to 20 projects overall, but will end
>>> up doing
>>> only one of those.
>>

>> ok
>>

>>> When the student submissions will be closed, Google will tell us how
>>> many students have been accepted for Squeak.
>>

>> So Google is the first organization to choose. They read all students
>> proposals and choose the students. The Squeak foundation has nothing
>> to say on this list. Right ?
>
> No, Google will tell us how many students it will accept for
> working on
> Squeak projects. The mentors will then have to decide who those
> students
> will be, by ranking them. The ranking is done by giving each
> proposal a
> score.
>
> Example:
> We ask for 20 students, Google tells us we can have five. We rank the
> proposals. The first five students will get the job.

I guess the number of students, Google give us depends on the number
of proposals.
How many students they fund ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##