[SoC] Duplicate and overlapping projects

andrew morton amorton at pdx.edu
Fri Mar 23 22:38:30 UTC 2007

Based on a couple of things I'd read in the mailing list archive about
overlapping project idea, I wanted to bring one answer from Google's
SoC FAQ to everyone's attention:

"What happens if two students are accepted to work on the same
project, e.g. from an organization's "Ideas" list?

That's fine, a little duplication is par for the course in open source."

http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60314

[Sorry if this ends up double posting, I'd originally sent it from an
address that isn't subscribed to the list.]