[SoC] Student registration is open - how to proceed ?

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:35:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

Student registration is just opened. Go there, once you're logged with
your google account
(http://code.google.com/soc/2008/student_step1.html)

Then, first step is to fill general information.Second step is more
"important" and at least two of us don't really know what to do.

There is a public abstract:
"Abstract (2500 character limit, text only, no HTML)
The Abstract of an accepted student application is displayed on the
public GSoC web site.
Please do not include personal information."

Then a detailled description:
"Detailed Description (7500 character limit, text only, no HTML)
The Detailed Description of a student application is visible only to
mentors and will not be displayed on the public GSoC web site".

What Math kindly joined in the previous post looks more like a cover
letter. Is it what's expected in the abstract (or maybe I missed a
step)?

Does google uses this information to determine how many student slots
we can get ?

Can we have some feedback ? Maybe we could organize an irc meeting ?

Thanks,

Cédrick