Squat progress 18 February 2004: MacOSX and ipv6

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Feb 19 22:30:04 UTC 2004

	Okay, I'm embarrassed. :)  The problem had nothing to do with ipv6, it
was a byte-ordering problem with my SocketAddress class. I was storing
the port in LSB, and using a call to htons() in the primitive, so I
didn't notice this on win32 (which is LSB). Then on MacOS the htons()
call does nothing (because the host order is the same as network order,
MSB), and leaving the bytes in the wrong order. Now I just store in MSB
and I took out the call to htons().

	This means there's a new version of Flow, 2g2. The Squat release page
has been updated to use it, binaries and sources.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta