Spoon progress 21 April 2005: remote debugging starting to work

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Apr 22 04:31:50 UTC 2005

Hi--

	Just a note to say that I've made progress on step two from my last
note[1], remote debugging. It's starting to work.

	When I evaluate (3 zork) in a target system, a notifier appears on a
separate control system. By opening a debugger on the control system, I
can browse the contexts of the target system process. This makes heavy
use of two-way remote message sending, including blocks and messages
which answer proxies back to remote senders (e.g., the first >>collect:
in Debugger>>newStack:). I haven't had to change Debugger itself at all yet.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta