modularity

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri May 26 08:31:29 UTC 2006

Hi Colin--

 > How does Spoon maintain Selector identity across object memories? When
 > a method is transferred from one object memory to another, how are the
 > selectors in its literal frame interned when it arrives? I don't
 > imagine the selectors have UUIDs.... perhaps the selector tables do?

	There's no need to maintain Selector identity across object memories.
The only important thing is that a Selector used in the literal frame of
a sending method be the same one used as the method dictionary key for
the method to which the sending method refers. The behavior for
transferring methods ensures this.

	thanks,

-C

--