Spoon 2 alpha

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Apr 12 16:56:31 UTC 2007

Hi Bert--

> Is this the Unix VM? Why does it have the golden icon?

     In order to get Automator to launch the processor and proceeding
with the workflow (opening the web browser) without waiting for the
processor to terminate, I apparently have to launch the processor via a
Finder action, not a shell script. To do that, the processor application
has to be in the MacOSX "app" format. I just shoehorned the bits of the
Unix VM into that structure.

> Apparently it does not find the Quartz module when running from the
> Finder. Run from the shell, it misses vm-sound-null.

     I put both of those modules as siblings of the processor executable
in Spoon 2a4, http://netjam.org/spoon/releases/next/. I moved my normal
lib directory to another location and was able to duplicate the problem
with 2a2, and was successful with 2a4.

     thanks again!

-C

--