Porting spoon's VM support

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun Aug 26 21:34:14 UTC 2007

mike clemow wrote:
> Tony, do you have a smalltalk API built around the hardware on that
> platform?  For instance the GPS device, etc?  So that squeak apps can
> be built to interface with the hardware?

I'm building one. The kernel programmers have done a smooth job of the
interface between the kernel and the userland. For instance, the
touchscreen is available by reading /dev/input/event2, and the GSM chip
is available through a few control files in /sys/ and by writing
Hayes-style AT commands to /dev/ttySAC0.

> I'm more of a lurker on this list, but that's a very interesting
> project.  Where do you normally post about your progress?

So far, just one post to LShift's blog:
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2007/08/23/squeak-and-openembedded

Regards,
   Tony