No webserver started when starting spoon

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Jul 5 22:20:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 23:40 +0200, Norbert Hartl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> finally I tried the latest spoon release. I took the
> start instructions from the README.html. Starting
> the memory.image I get an empty window but there
> is no socket opened on 8090. so I couldn't connect
> with the browser.
>
> My system is ubuntu linux 7.04 (feisty).

Ok, I checked with strace and so that its looking for
the Flow library.

README.html:

components/processor components/memory.image &

To start this way I need to do

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=components
./components/processor components/memory.image &

This way I get an open socket on 8090 which I can connect
to. I can see "Welcome to spoon!" page but nothing else.
The links on the page are pointing to port 8080 instead
of 8090. Loading any of the links keeps the spinner in the
browser going forever without response.

Then I started the naiad. I did

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=components/naiad/
./components/naiad/naiad Squeak3.9-final-7067.image

ioFindExternalFunctionIn(initializeUUID, 0x815cae0):
  components/naiad//Flow.so: undefined symbol: initializeUUID

a glue what to do as the whole wormhole thing is strange to me :)

Making doit on the first two commands gives me an unresponsive
image.

Any hints,

Norbert