approaching Spoon (was "No webserver started when starting spoon")

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sat Jul 7 01:10:22 UTC 2007

Hi Norbert--

> I saw videos where you showed a graphical browser for the memory of a
> remote image. That is pretty much of a functionality. I'd like to
> reproduce this as well. Aside from this I have absolutely no clue what
> is the status of spoon. Did I miss some important document? (I read
> the spoon book already and the netjam web site).

     I suspect so. The most important things to read are the Spoon
progress reports in the Spoon mailing list archives.

> Btw. how do work with the spoon image? Do you bootstrap anything or
> are you running spoon in the simulator?

     Here's what I do:

-    I start the minimal Spoon memory.
-    I start a control memory (one with Naiad support in it).
-    I establish a Wormhole connection from the control memory to the
     minimal memory.
-    I open a remote browser.
-    I write code.

     (I suppose "NaiadPeer" or something like that would be a better
name than "Wormhole" and the like.)

     thanks again,

-C

--