approaching Spoon (was "No webserver started when starting spoon")

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Nov 19 09:11:16 UTC 2007

Hi Matthew,

today evening I decided to play once more with spoon.
On the net I found your description about building a
vm with naiad support.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/spoon/2007-July/000214.html

I can't say I understand the whole spoon process. There are a lot
of things floating around:

1. a modified image (spoon processor changes) to build a vm with naiad
  support
2. the naiad vm
3. minimal memory image
4. control image

Maybe you are able to clarify some questions:

- Is 1. needed after the vm is built?
- What is the control image?

I thought it is sufficient to be able to run the memory.image in an
interpreter simulator and to control the rest from the image of the
interpreter simulator. Is that correct?

However if I'm trying to run the memory image in the interpreter
simulator the image eats my cpu and does nothing. All I can see
is the "Relocating object pointers" Morph. My cpu goes on 100%
and that's it.

Did you make any progress since writing the post?

thanks in advance,

Norbert