Compiling Flow.so under linux

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Sep 13 19:28:55 UTC 2007

Hi Matthew, hi list,

I've finally got around to trying to build a spoon VM of my own, and
I've met with some success (!).

* I've managed to build a VM that can load and run "memory.image"
* I get a page at http://localhost:8090/3
* I've build a separate Flow plugin that works with a stock VM well
   enough to allow the naiad components to load and partially run

I now run into the problem where

Smalltalk
     at: #ExampleWormholeServer
     put: (WormholeServer atPort: 9999)
   succeeds,

ExampleWormholeServer connectToPort: 7777 atHostNamed: 'localhost'
   succeeds,

but

OtherBrowser openOnWormhole: ExampleWormholeServer clients any
   fails, with an error

MessageNotUnderstood: Other>>module

The next message will contain the steps I took to build a spoonable VM.

Regards,
   Tony