linking the pthreads library for Flow

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Sep 14 05:29:01 UTC 2007

Hi Tony--

      It's great that you were able to build a working Flow plugin for
yourself, but I'd like to be able to distribute pre-built Flow plugins
so that building it is optional. :)  The one I included in the 2a12
release apparently loads the pthreads library dynamically, and
differences in the location of the pthreads library amongs different
Linux distributions was causing trouble.

      Were you able to build the Flow plugin so that the pthreads
library is statically linked into it? How should I change my build tree
to make this happen? My current Unix build tree (the entire VM,
including the Flow plugin) is at [1].

      thanks again!

-C

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2lqfxu (movedigital.com)